Collection & Use of Information
Information we maintain on behalf of our Customers EMarketing Solutions helps marketers and other Customers create, manage and optimize the content experience on their websites by aggregating existing content (blogs, social media, eBooks, videos and more) into an online content hub (“Hub”), and also provides other content management solutions to Customers (collectively, the “Services”). Our Customers choose what information to collect or make available through the Services we provide on their behalf, and the Customer’s end users interacting with the content or Services (“Audience Members”) may upload or post information to the Services (collectively, “User Content”). Depending on the Customer, User Content may contain personal information. We receive and maintain this information on behalf of our Customers in order to provide the Services, and we do not use such information for any other purpose except as set out herein or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We rely on our Customers to comply with applicable privacy and related laws when collecting, using or disclosing personal information in connection with the Services. If you signed-up to receive marketing communications from one of our Customers and now wish to unsubscribe, please contact the Customer directly as we are not responsible for the sending of such communications. Information we collect and use
- Some of our Services require you to create an account. If you create an account, we collect information such as name, company name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, payment card information, as well as a user name and password that you provide. We use this information in order to provide the Services you request and to process payments. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content within some of our Services.
- If you sign-up for a free trial, demo, event, webinar or other offer, we may collect your name, job title, email address, phone number and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate or provide you with your offer.
- If you sign-up to receive marketing communications from EMarketing Solutions, we collect your name and email address in order to send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services that we believe are of interest to you. Similarly, if you subscribe to receive email notifications regarding a discussion on our Website, we collect your email address in order to send you the notifications you request. You may also be added to our marketing list when you create an EMarketing Solutions account. If you do not want to continue to receive such marketing and promotional communications from us, you may “opt-out” at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any of our emails or by contacting us as set out under “Contact Us” below). Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional and account-related messages from us.
- If you apply for a job at EMarketing Solutions, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, we may collect your name and contact information (such as your email address or mailing address) in order for us to respond to your request. We may also keep a record of the correspondence in order to assist you in the future.
- If you post or otherwise provide us with comments, suggestions and other feedback, we may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our products, Services and Website.
Website Information and Analytics
In general, you can visit our Website or a Hub we maintain on behalf of one of our Customers (the “Websites”) without indicating who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect and/or maintain the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to the Websites and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on the Websites. We use this information to help us understand Website activity and to monitor and improve the Websites.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: The Websites may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the Websites. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor the Websites for you and other future visitors to the Websites.
Analytics: We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, which may include the pages most read, time spent, zoom pattern, search terms and other engagement data on the Websites. We use this information in order to better understand and improve the EMarketing Solutions Website. When you visit one of our Customer’s Hubs, we collect this information on behalf of our Customer and provide our Customer with reports in aggregate form regarding the usage of their Website so that they can better understand the engagement of Audience Members who access and interact with their User Content. We may also combine this information with contact information you input on our Customer’s Hub or Website and provide it to the Customer so that they may better understand your preferences and tailor their communications to you. We provide analytics to our Customers through our own proprietary dashboards. We may also use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Websites in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the convenience of the Websites, and to help us evaluate some of the specific information related to your Website visits. For more information or to opt-out, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
We may offer Customers or Audience Members with the opportunity to engage with content or Hubs on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When Audience Members engage with content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, they may allow us to have access to certain information associated with their social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When Audience Members provide information from their social media account, we may use this information to personalize their experience on the Websites and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide other products or services the Audience Member may request.
Location and Device Information
If you use a location-enabled service, we may collect information about your device’s physical location in order to provide you with relevant content and to better understand our Customers and Audience Members. We may collect this information based on IP address or nearby Wifi access points and cell towers. You can change your device settings to allow or block the collection of location information. Please note that if you turn off the collection of location information, we may not be able to provide all services to you.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
Hubs: If you interact with a Hub, we collect information you provide as postings (such as any comments you may post). Please remember that any information that you provide in these comment areas is accessible to the public, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
Service Providers: In connection with our website or the Services we provide to our Customers, we may transfer personal information to third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, we may use service providers to host the Websites, send email or other communications, generate leads, process payments, moderate online discussions, and run our contests and surveys. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Sale of Business: We may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of EMarketing Solutions, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Legal obligations: We, our affiliates and our Canadian, U.S. and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law (which may include lawful access requests by courts, law enforcement and government institutions in such foreign jurisdictions). Where disclosure of our Customer’s information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our Customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so). We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
Aggregate Data: We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly or to potential Customers, such as to show trends about the general use and effectiveness of our services.
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our Customers. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in our custody and under our control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Your online access to certain of your personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or provided to us or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a Customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant Customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests. Subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law, you may otherwise request access, updating or correction of your personal information under our control by submitting a written request and satisfactory identification to EMarketing Solutions at the contact information set out under Contact Us below.